We specialise in advising on all aspects of marina and recreational development.
Our client base includes marina operators and developers and landowners who have diversified into some form of marina or recreational development.
We have a level of expertise that is rarely found within one firm and we can advise on all aspects relating to the identification, development and ongoing operation of marina developments.
The services we can provide are comprehensive and include the following:
- Identification of suitable sites and preparation of comprehensive feasibility assessments.
- All matters relating to the preparation and submission of detailed planning applications including Environmental Impact Assessments if required.
- We have a good working relationship with the statutory authorities responsible for managing inland waterways, namely the Environment Agency and the Canal and River Trust. We can prepare all necessary documentation required by them prior to development and construction of a marina and we can negotiate with them regarding any particular permissions or permits that may be required. With regard to canal based developments, we can prepare the detailed construction plans that have to be approved by the CRT.
- Following granting of planning permission, we can prepare a detailed specification of works, obtain competitive quotes for construction if a turnkey project is the client’s preferred option, or alternatively, we can help the client to project manage the construction of the development themselves thereby saving a considerable amount in construction costs.
- We can assist the client in marketing the new development and help them to put in place the necessary structure for ongoing operation and management.